Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chick-Fil-A

With how frustrated I am over all the Chick-Fil-A business going on with Facebook today, I almost don't want to write this. But, it's my blog, so why not!

I've known since I was like 11 that Chick-Fil-A was a Christian-founded business. I thought it was cool from the start that someone in society actually stood up for their beliefs. So suddenly, in 2012, why are people getting up in arms about it?

The guy simply said what he believed. He never said "we don't serve gays" or "we give sub-par service to homosexuals". He simply said that his family doesn't support gay marriage, and they choose to give Sundays off to their employees. Big, freaking, deal!

What I want to know is WHY it's such a big deal for someone with conservative, religious beliefs and values to exercise his right to free speech, to say what he thinks, but if he had said the opposite, it would have been championed as free speech.

The thing is, people who think that Chick-Fil-A is evil are pissing me off, but the people who are smearing this whole thing over social media are also upsetting me. Christians are called to love everyone, but this campaign is making us look like the bad guys. I'm not apathetic to the issues going on, but annoyed by the outrage that Christians are yelling about on Facebook.

The way this started, a simple call to support someone who had courage in the face of a society against him, was just. But now, "sticking it to the gays" and "fighting for conservative values" - I'm sorry, when did how much money a company makes have any effect on someone's lifestyle. And did I miss the "vote" for gay marriage when I walked into Chick-Fil-A today?

I ate Chick-Fil-A today because I get great service and good food. I do think EVERYONE has the right to say how they feel and what they think, no matter who likes it or doesn't. (I've been offended by the left wing party and anti-Christian organizations many times) But, this whole messy business is ridiculous.

Eat where you want, believe what you want, just love everyone. Speak kindness, no matter your opinion. This goes for both "sides" of this ordeal...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner