Monday, September 24, 2012

Highs and Lows

Well, it's Monday again. I'm going to keep this short, since I am exhausted. Having to be at work an hour early makes a big difference on Mondays... Plus, the kids don't want to be there, I don't want to be there, we make each other miserable.



But, something did happen that made my day a lot better. I finally received my card from Michael. He made it through the Cards app on the iPhone, which I've used and it's amazing! This was my first time getting a card made from Cards, and it was fantastic. The paper they use to print on is great and it's so nice looking! Michael used a photo of us from the spring, when I had just gotten off work and had no makeup on, wearing my Apple shirt, and generally looking like a scrub. But, it was a very "us" photo and I loved it. The message inside brought tears to my eyes; I re-read it about 3248 times.

My classes were lackluster. We have a test on Wednesday, so basically all my classes were doing reviews. I've decided that the kids that I dislike the most are the ones who will not stop talking for anything. I had to go get Jackie Teacher at one point, because one of my boys wouldn't stop. Like, I don't get it. It's like talking is breathing to some children. I think it's more of the fact that they don't stop after I make it extremely clear that they NEED to stop; it would probably make me mad equally if it was something else they were doing. I guess the auditory factor just increases my irritation. Anyway, by my last class I was completely mentally checked out. I didn't do much of anything during my last planning hour. Well, except think about home...

Little by little I am realizing that this situation I am in is somewhat permanent. Yes, I'll go home at some point. But, it's a year. A whole year. Things happen in a year! And I am on the other side of the world from my friends, my family, everyone I care about, all my favorite things and comforts. I miss the small stuff, like sitting on the couch watching TV with my mom. I can't do those little things anymore. Making dinner is an ordeal now, as I have limited supplies and have to hand wash everything immediately after use or it piles up and STINKS up the apartment. I guess I'm starting to feel lonely...

When I got home, I found out that my director had finally replaced my bed. It had broken twice and after the second time, he decided to replace it rather than fix it again. I was thrilled! It looked like it would be super comfy, but when I sat down I realized it was just like any other bed. At least it was legitimately new, not just preowned. I started to put my sheets on and realized that this bed was larger than my previous bed. The size wasn't like comparing a twin to a queen or anything, more like a full to a queen, only a few inches around the entire thing. But it was enough that my sheets do not fit anymore and my blankets barely cover the top. So, lucky me, I get to tell Jackie Teacher that I have yet another problem/request: blankets. At least they are good about getting me what I need...

On the way home from work I picked up some beef from the grocery store. It was 50% off since it expired tomorrow, but since I planned on consuming it tonight, I went ahead and got it. I also picked up some milk. Well, the steak turned out great (thanks to Maggie Teacher leaving me a bottle of Worcestershire Sauce), but I realized belatedly that the milk was NOT low-fat. What I thought was "lowfat" on the bottle turned out to be "fresh" in reality. Oh well, stupid tax. I made mac and cheese and used some. So, my dinner was quite american: beef and mac and cheese. Now, I am excited to try out my new bed, even though it is barely fitted out. I'm so tired I don't even care.

The countdown is officially on: only 4 days until Chuseok holiday begins!!! Woot woot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner