Friday, January 18, 2013

A Good Day

Today was just a good day. A really, really good day.


Appearance:
Can you see the resemblance? Am I the Korean New Girl? ;)
First, I woke up refreshed. Boy, isn't that nice when ALL week I've been waking up dragging and barely able to get out of bed.
Then, I picked out something really cute to wear. Don't you love when you find something in your closet you forgot you had? It's almost impossible for this to happen to me since my closet is one rack of a small wardrobe, but it happened today.
I curled my hair (haven't been wanting to go with the super-straight look the past few days), wore glasses and rocked them, and my makeup looked great. I even wore pink lip-stain! (Goin' all out!)
Basically, I felt like a blonde Zooey Deschanel a la: New Girl!

Good Things Happening:
I got an email that my visa has been applied for with the Chinese Embassy. I got it all paid for at the bank before work.
I found a GREAT hike to the Great Wall for Sunday when I'm in Beijing - reasonable price and it includes a lot. Will go into more details later.
Erin offered for me to borrow her legit hiking boots for the Great Wall hike. One less thing to buy! I'm going to go hunting for super warm base layers this weekend...

Drawbacks:
Found out that my CouchSurfing host lives a bit too far for what I'm needing, so unfortunately I had to cancel my stay with her. I've asked a few other hosts, and have 2 hostels for backup just in case I can't find anyone I'm comfortable with on CouchSurfing.
And, my boss is in one of those moods where she's super stressed, and since I'm not stressed, I get the stink eye all day. I can't even crack a smile without feeling her eyes burning into my skull. I pretty much ignored her all day. She can't rain on my parade!

The Kids:
I had my awesome kids today! Tuesdays and Thursdays are just sweet! My 3SAP favorites told me I looked so pretty (many of my kids did, actually, but most of them innocently specified that TODAY I look pretty. I just ignore the implied "not any other day" cuz they're kids and they don't understand implications in English).
My 2SAP girls had a test and they did well! Charlotte (the dumb one) ALMOST got an 80! Haha! And she told me I looked so beautiful and gave me a hug. One of those moments that make you say *AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!* and feel really good about the job you do. :)

BONUS:
TOMORROW IS FRIDAAAAYYYY!!!! I don't know if today could've gotten any better. Well, maybe if I'd suddenly gotten a raise or Michael showed up in Seoul to surprise me... but, other than that, it was pretty fantastic :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner